AACP and Walmart are committed to promoting education and healthcare access to improve health for all. The Walmart Health Equity Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will support the financial need of students enrolled in Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree programs who plan to serve in rural areas, medically underserved areas or populations (MUA/Ps), or Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) upon graduation. The goal of the scholarship program is to promote and support a diverse population of student pharmacists who will advance health equity. Selected awardees must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to serving rural or medically underserved patient populations. Each awardee will receive a single $5,000 scholarship.
The 2023 application for the scholarship is now closed.
Meet the recipients of the 2022 scholarship. Information about the 2023 program is expected to be announced by spring 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) and CVS Health are committed to fostering an inclusive community and promoting diversity of thought, background, perspective, and experience to advance pharmacy education and improve patient health. This scholarship is intended to promote and support a diverse population of student pharmacists who will care for an increasingly diverse population of patients as part of a health care team.
The CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will support the financial need of URM students who are entering into or recently enrolled in PharmD programs at AACP member institutions. The purpose of the scholarship is to reduce the financial barriers and challenges for URM students who are pursuing a PharmD degree. Each awardee will receive a single $8,000 scholarship.
The 2023 application is now closed.
Meet the recipients of the 2022 scholarship.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Building a repayment plan that fits your budget,
- An easy online application – instant credit decision,
- No origination or prepayment fees, and
- A monthly College Ave Student Loans scholarship.
Applying with a cosigner may help students qualify for the loan and possibly receive a lower interest rate.
About College Ave Student Loans
College Ave Student Loans is helping students, graduates, and families finance higher education. As a leading fintech lending company, we deliver a simple, clear, and personal college financing experience that reduces stress and empowers students to focus on what matters most: preparing for a bright future.
AACP strives to support students with necessary tools in order to pursue a career in pharmacy. Be sure to consult with the Financial Aid departments at your institution for more information. Below are some resources to help you get started on your journey.
AACP and College Ave Student Loans
College Ave Student Loans has created several resources to help inform you on important topics related to financing your pharmacy education.
Graduate Student Loans
A graduate student loan can cover school costs for most master’s, doctoral, or advanced professional degree programs, such as a Pharm.D. degree, and many more. Review the following resources to learn more about graduate student loans:
- Student Loans 101: How Do Student Loans Work?
- Federal vs. Private Student Loans
- How to Pay for Graduate School
- How Private Student Loans Work
Graduate Loan Calculator
Use the interactive graduate student loan calculator to estimate your student loan payments and costs. Select “Health Professions” in the Degree Type field for pharmacy.
Student loan interest rates represent the amount a lender charges you to borrow money. It is calculated as a percentage and multiplied by your principal amount.
- Variable vs. Fixed Interest Rates: What’s the Difference?
- Student Loan Interest Rate vs. APR: What’s the Difference?
Student debt may be good debt because it is an investment in your future, but too much of a good thing can hurt you.
Refinancing student loans can simplify the loan payment process and possibly reduce your monthly payment or the total cost of your loan.
Your high school counselors and college advisors are often the best sources of information about loan, grant and scholarship programs. Additionally, pharmacy colleges and schools may offer financial assistance. Other financial assistance opportunities and information are provided below.
- AACP Financial Aid and Scholarships: The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) does not administer any financial assistance programs directly to students. However, this page provides an overview of financial aid, as well as some potential grants and scholarships.
- Federal Student Aid: Federal Student Aid, an office of the Department of Education, offers a checklist of what both students and parents can do throughout 12th grade to begin applying for federal student aid.
- Fastweb: Try Fastweb for free and find scholarships you qualify for. Fastweb will match you to scholarships from their database of 1.5 million, based on your personal profile. With Fastweb you’ll also find financial aid tips and advice, job and internship matching and student life news.