Money might not buy happiness, but in some jobs the two coexist nicely.
In fact, chief marketing officers, who earn an average annual $171,000, earn the distinction of first place on this list of the happiest jobs that pay six-figures.
To determine which jobs are offering employees a healthy dose of happiness to go along with their six-figure salaries, fulfillment-focused job search site CareerBliss reviews job ratings on their website from more than 25,000 employees, considering factors including a worker’s relationship with their boss and colleagues, work environment, available resources, compensation, opportunities for growth, company culture, and control over one’s daily work.
Each of the reviews considered here was entered on CareerBliss’s site between January 2015 and April 2016.
Senior director of HR, a role that pays $125,000, earns second place, while senior project manager, at $101,000, takes third.
“All of the happiest jobs for six figure salaries share one thing in common: Their daily work impacts the lives of others in some capacity,” said CareerBliss founder Heidi Golledge.
“Chief marketing officers have the ability to help shape the direction of how consumers see and understand a company’s brand and product, while senior directors of human resources directly improve the lives of those they help find jobs and maintain a happy work culture.”
Pharmacist and senior finance manager, each ringing in at just over $100,000 a year, round out the top five.
- Chief Marketing Officer – Average salary: $171,000
- Senior Director of HR – Average salary: $125,00
- Senior Project Manager – Average salary: $101,000
- Pharmacist – Average salary: $101,000
- Senior Finance Manager – Average salary: $111,000
- Architect – Average salary: $101,000
- Director of Engineering – Average salary: $121,000
- Senior Director, Marketing – Average salary: $138,000
- Chief Technology Officer – Average salary: $151,000
- Principal Software Engineer – Average salary: $110,000